In honor of my 200th post (!), here are 100 things about me. I would've done 200, but that's a lotta things to come up with! Just read it twice instead. :)
1. I am left handed. extremely.
2. My husband says the whole kitchen is set up backwards.
3. I can write backwards without having to think about it.
4. I weigh 10 pounds less than what my driver’s license says.
5. I’m 1” shorter than it says too.
6. I don’t really care for chocolate.
7. Potato chips, on the other hand …
8. Popcorn too.
9. I also love popsicles.
10. and ice cream (though I need to take it easy with all that milk).
11. I prefer pie over cake, but with NO ice cream (they need to stay separate).
12. Milk is for baby cows, not people. It's nasty stuff!
13. My favorite beverage is lemonade or orange juice.
14. My favorite cocktail would have to be a fuzzy navel or Framboise beer.
15. I could eat mexican food every day!
16. I could probably eat italian just about every day too.
17. Thai food is awful.
18. I don't drink coffee.
19. I make it almost every day for my sweetie, and love the smell.
20. I like grinding the beans too.
21. But it tastes like shit.
22. Hot chocolate is my coffee (yeah, I know about #6, but this is different).
23. My favorite color is purple, followed closely by red.
24. I don't like blue much, but people say it looks good on me.
25. I LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes.
26. really love shoes.
27. a lot.
28. Impractical ones are the best. :)
29. I love shoe shopping as much as fabric shopping.
30. Otherwise, I don't like to shop.
31. One of my fantasies is to never have to go to the grocery store.
32. I like comic books.
33. I'll go see any movie based off of a comic book.
34. I rarely watch television.
35. However, Caleb has gotten me hooked on American Idol this season.
36. Maybe I should say it's Blake that has gotten me hooked.
37. I like techno, euro-pop, dance, and electronica music.
38. Can't stand country music.
39. or Nascar.
40. I swam on the boys Varsity swim team in high school.
41. There weren't enough girls to make a swim team.
42. So we swam on the boys team.
43. I worked as a lifeguard in highschool.
44. I also worked as a swimming instructor.
45. I prefered teaching to guarding.
46. It's funny, because I hated swimming lessons as a child.
47. I used to hide from my mom so I wouldn't have to go.
48. Then she'd find me and I'd go kicking and screaming.
49. Now I force my own children to go to swimming lessons.
50. They actually like them, however.
51. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 8.
52. I flunked my first try at a driver's license.
53. I got it when I was 17.
54. I still don't like to drive much.
55. I don't like to go fast.
56. David says I drive like an old lady.
57. I had purple hair last summer.
58. I loved it.
59. I can't sleep with the bedroom door closed.
60. My closet door has to be closed, however.
61. I like the blinds open too.
62. I'm severely nearsighted.
63. I can't see the shampoo bottle in the shower, or the clock on the nightstand.
64. I'm chicken to get lasik surgery.
65. I like how I look with glasses.
66. I want some glasses with rhinestones.
67. I used to have cheetah cat eye glasses.
68. My father was a cardio-thoracic surgeon.
69. I've watched open-heart surgery for real.
70. More than once.
71. It's simply amazing.
72. I almost fainted the time I watched when I was pregnant.
73. My second child was accidentally born at home.
74. on the front staircase.
75. My husband and my mom 'caught' him.
76. Hey, at least he wasn't born in the car!
77. Can you imagine having to clean that up?
78. We made it to the hospital with #3.
79. Had about an hour to spare. :)
80. The resident didn't believe my husband when he told her she better hurry up.
81. He told her (at 9:15 am) that the baby would be born by 10 am.
82. She looked at him like he had 3 heads.
83. Connor was born at 9:48 am.
84. Our doctor made it on time.
85. The older boys were with us too.
86. They got to meet their brother minutes after he was born.
87. That's pretty cool.
88. I'd say strawberries are my favorite fruit.
89. Mangoes, peaches, and pineapples are very close seconds.
90. I pick about 20# of strawberries each summer.
91. I put up strawberry jam every summer -- at least 40 jars.
92. Peach-strawberry jam is my favorite.
93. I love scalding hot showers.
94. I take a shower everyday.
95. But I only wash my hair once or twice a week.
96. I have one aunt, one uncle, and three cousins.
97. They don't speak english.
98. I'm fluent enough in spanish that I can converse with them.
99. It's hard, though, and after a while I get a headache.
100. I can't crochet.