Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend Storms

We got hit hard with storms this weekend. They started on Saturday afternoon, and continued through last night. We lost power for about 3-4 hours yesterday, and got a bit of water in our basement, though I was able to clean it up with just towels. So far we've had 9.12 inches of rain this month, with over 7 of it from just this weekend.

Sunday morning the rain came down so hard it was like being hit with a hose. The rain barrels couldn't handle the volume and speed of the water. This is the water that is just coming off of the garage!

Our neighbor kitty-corner from us had some tree limbs fall on their iron fence. I don't know if you can tell, but that half of the street there is under water.

Some trees were damaged in the park, and this one fell across the path down to the beach.

The beach looked like someone had hosed away a bunch of sand. Usually you can only see about 6 inches of that cement block that Connor is next to.

This is about 4 blocks north of me. This area got hit really hard with wind shear. Lots of trees uprooted and torn in this area.

Caleb's school is closed today due to wind and storm damage. It would be pretty hard for anybody to get through safely!

6 comments:

LauraM said...

I'm in Indiana, in the area the Feds declared disaster areas. My mother-in-law is staying with us as her town has been evacuated due to flooding, at this point we don't know if her home will survive the flooding. Friday night it just didn't stop raining they say we received 11 inches of rain in appox 12 hours, with all the other rain we had been recieving. I need to post the pic my husband took, I-70 crumbled, car in the culvert on our road (the culvert collapsed, leaving a hole approx 10 feet wide & 8 feet deep). Roads, bridges everywhere covered with water and/or just gone. We have several towns without water due to water treatment plants under water. It is quite a mess!

True Mama said...

It's been crazy, hasn't it? Great photos, by the way.

Cheryl said...

Well, I'm glad that you are all ok and that nothing fell on your home. I saw a picture of that house a few blocks from you on Fox 6's site . I can't believe the amount of damage that has occurred. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

So glad you've reported in! I'm glad you only had a 3-4 hour power outaged and no major damage. What a year this has been so far! I hope anyone stays safe

Lory said...

Wow! I'm glad you're ok though.

Lory

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm so glad that your family is okay and it seems as if you've experienced minimal property damage! I am totally amazed and in awe of what Mother Nature can do but I'm sure that for those experiencing real disasters, this has just not been a good time...okay that was the understatement of the year!