Saturday, June 02, 2012

Vogue 1027

I made another dress:
This is Vogue 1027, and it was very quick to make, cutting it out Wednesday night, and stitching it up Thursday afternoon. I made a size 12, with a 1" FBA and I lengthened the bodice 1" (to have the sash closer to my actual waist).

I'm really happy with how this turned out. There are pockets in the skirt too.

I rotated the resulting dart from the FBA into the two existing pleats. Now the armhole area lies nice and smooth. I used my coverstitch machine for the neckline, armholes, and hem. I am seriously in love with that machine!

I wore it last night to Calvin's gymnastics banquet.


Mary Beth said...

Great dress! Love the fabric

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Another fantastic dress! And you look great in it!

angie.a said...

Soo gorgeous. You look great! I swear you never age a day. :D How many years I been reading your blog anyway?!!