Monday, February 05, 2007

Amy Butler "Pattern" Festival

I belong to an Independent Pattern Club, and each month we pick a pattern line to focus on. For February, we'll be discussing and showing Amy Butler patterns, one of my fave indie lines. I want to bring a bunch of her things to show, so I had a "pattern festival" (you know, like a film festival) last weekend. Clockwise from the bottom left I have: Drawstring Handbag and two In Town Bags, a Chelsea Tote Bag, a Swing Bag, and the Favorite Clutch, from the 12/2005 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting (I'm told this is the clutch from the Dorothy Bag pattern, which I believe has been discontinued). I also cut out a muslin of the Cabo Halter.

I stitched up the drawstring bag this weekend (it's cute!). The rest are all prepared with fused interfacing or basted canvas and ready to stitch. Our club meeting is on the 13th, so I have about a week to get them made up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me! I'm going to try and be there. I'll have to bring my patchwork apron and betty shopper and Cabo Halter.. which needs a better installation of zipper.

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling.....

I can't wait to see them all sewn up!

mamafitz said...

yes, bring your apron, i'd LOVE to try it on. :) i constantly look at that pattern.