Friday, July 18, 2008

Floral Friday

All the mulch is spread, and now it's just a matter of keeping everything watered. Here's what is blooming in the yard this week:

Scarlett bee balm.

I think this is some sort of sunflower. I need to move it a bit, so it's not overshadowed by my neighbor's tree.

One of the hydrangea bushes started blooming. The flowers start out like this....

....and over the course of a few days, turn to this.

The hollyhock is in full bloom too. Hopefully this will reseed pretty well, I love them!

2 comments:

Sigrid said...

Love those flower pictures. My hollyhocks are a little darker than yours, and I really love those flowers.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love your flower pictures, for someone who has no gardening abilities it is so nice to see your yard!