Monday, June 19, 2006

Delectable Mountain Baby Quilt

I finished the quilt top for my nephew over the weekend. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The back is going to be the green w/dots fabric, and I'll drop it off for quilting in the next few days. The binding is going to be plaid, and I think I'll use wool batting.

I love how young children always copy everyone, and want to be just like their parents or older siblings. Connor always likes to 'help' when I sew. Usually that means he's standing behind me on the chair trying to push the buttons (grrr!!!) or trying to help the thread along, but yesterday he decided to 'cut' some quilt blocks instead. Don't worry, the blade is retracted on the rotary cutter!


After 'cutting' his block, he had to try it out on the design wall. I have found that if I'm cutting a quilt, I can give him all the little scraps to play with, and he has quite a good time arranging them on the wall. That's good for a few minutes of peace. :)

Next on the agenda are some diaper covers, as Connor has pretty much outgrown the size Mediums we have. The boys are in VBS every morning this week, so I also hope to get a skirt made from New Look 6596. I have a darling Amy Butler print to make it from, and I'll line it in ambiance.

7 comments:

Marlublu said...

I love that baby quilt.I just finished quilting one for a cousin.You and your boys remind me of my life with my 3 boys a long time ago. My middle son once cut up the pieces to a whole blouse I was going to make. Never a dull moment with boys.

Shelina said...

A delectable mountains quilt is on my list of quilts I want to make. I like your color selection.

Anonymous said...

Your baby quilt is just gorgeous! Love it!!!

rowena___. said...

this is the first delectable mountain quilt i've ever seen that i like. it is just beautiful, as is all your work.

bfmomma said...

WOW! Your quilts are so beautiful!

And I love Connor's "helping" :) tee hee...

Anonymous said...

My favorite type of help! Though mine usually try to sit on my lap. The quilt is gorgeous! (to match the gorgeous baby, I presume)

Risa said...

Beautiful! I was looking for a delectable mountain block pattern when I came across yours. My grandma still hand quilts - no machine at all - and she is in her 80's. She wants me to follow in her footsteps but I REALLY like my machine... :) LOL