Friday, October 12, 2007

I Got A Job

One that pays actual money. :) It's temporary, but it's a great fit for me, my family, and my time.
I'm altering uniforms for a local Suzuki String Academy. These are the advanced student uniforms, and I had 8 of them. All needed hems, one a minor zipper repair, and 4 needed sleeves removed. I got them on Sunday, and was able to return 6 of them yesterday. Last night I met half of the regular students, and thankfully only came home with 3 vests (boys) and 3 or 4 dresses (girls). I go back next week Thursday to meet the rest of the students and mark any uniforms that need adjusting.

This means I'm busy sewing -- but nothing you all would be interested in seeing. I'll throw up some knitting photos next week. Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

bfmomma said...

Oh, cool! it sounds like the perfect job for you. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding a paying job that fits so well! It is tough to blog about sewing for a living when fashion thrills are what people seem to be looking forward to but I will be happy to get a peek into what you're working on should you care to share. Have fun!

Kris C. said...

Cool! I'm glad that you're able to use your sewing expertise to earn some $$ without sacrificing too much of your time.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to do something you love and make extra funds for your family at the same time. Do share your sewing adventures. I'm homebound for much of the time so it's inspiring for me to see what others are doing.

angie.a said...

Whoa! You're fast! I do freebie fix's for the football team at my school. I'm never as fast as you, LOL. Shh.