Friday, February 03, 2006

Six lousy pounds

I generally try to weigh myself on Fridays. Since Thanksgiving, I've gained six stinkin' pounds. Gah. I really can't complain -- last year at this time, I probably weighed almost 140. I lost 20 pounds last year, making my original goal of 130 by my brother's wedding in May, and then losing another 11 by the end of summer. More important than the weight loss, I feel great. I feel really strong and fit. In all honesty, I think the six pounds are partly muscle gain.

Still, I sometimes feel a little down when I see the scale say 125.2 (this morning) when it was saying 119.6 for a few months. I need to get over that, quick! I also need to stop snacking!

On a somewhat health related note, I'm planning to do the Danskin Triathlon this summer. My friend Susan loaned me a book yesterday on triathlon training, and I rode my bike (with middle C and little C in the Burley) yesterday. I might even go running with the girls on Saturday morning!

No comments: