Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dia de los Muertos

Besides being my sweetie's birthday, it's also Dia de los Muertos. We'll be remembering my father. Calvin wants to make up a little altar, and get some flowers. I hope to get over to the local mexican grocery store, El Rey, and pick up some pan de muerto and calaveras.

I'm sure my uncle will be going over to the family grave to wash and clean it, if he didn't do it yesterday. I've only made it to Mexico for Day of the Dead once since Dad's death, and it was nice. Unfortunately, America is starting to seep in, and more people are doing Halloween and trick-or-treat. I didn't like seeing that, it made me sad. I guess the farther south you get, the less that happens.

If you are curious to learn more, there are lots of links here.

No comments: