Friday, January 19, 2007

Five Things

I've been watching this make the blog rounds (it's been fun to learn about everyone), and Lisa of Sew Random tagged me!

Here's the deal:
1. tell 5 things about yourself that you haven't mentioned on your blog.
2. tag 5 people you'd like to know more about.

Here goes:

1. When I was a little kid, my gramma used to take my brother and me to the zoo in the winter. It was always empty. One winter we were the only ones in the monkey house, and the zookeeper brought out the twin orangutans that had been born the previous October (on Halloween, actually, so they were named Trick and Treat), and let them run free! I was sitting on a bench and one of them was climbing the pole next to the bench, and came down and pulled my hair. (do you remember this, Peter?) Winter is still my favorite time to go to the zoo.

2. I used to be able to read all 3 different clefs of music, as I played harp (treble and bass clef) and viola (C clef). I haven't played in years, but I can still read treble clef, with minimal effort. Bass clef gives me much more grief, but Caleb has taken up cello, so I'm refreshing my memory. I don't know if I could read C clef again, though maybe it would come back if I had a viola to try it on.

3. I can sing the alphabet backwards.

4. I cannot stand anyone, including my husband and children, touching my ears. It takes all my concentration to not run screaming from the room if the doctor wants to check my ears. (I had a lot of ear infections as a child). I feel almost the same way about my knees, though not quite as extreme.

5. I am severely nearsighted. I cannot see the shampoo or soap bottles in the shower clearly, or read the clock on the nightstand. I'm too chicken to do laser surgery (th3se are my freakin' eyes! what if something happened???).

Now who to tag?? I tag Kelly, Julie, bfmomma, Nikki, and Rowena.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on being nearsighted, and I'm afraid to do the laser surgery too. (I'm sitting here trying to sing the alphabet backwards...)

Julie P. said...

what's the deal with the five things? can i write about anything or is there a topic/question for each one?