Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goals Revisted, Goals Reset

Looking over the goals I made for myself last year, I did pretty good. I made some clothes for myself, I made one heirloom garment, I tracked the $ I spent, and I kept one quilt that I finished. I didn't do so well on others: I didn't do any charity sewing (I supposed I could count the quilt I made for the church raffle), I didn't get any nice clothes made for my boys, I think I only updated my webpages one time, and I didn't get any window treaments made (though I did get fabric, so I'm partway there).

Time to reset the goals! For 2007 I'd like to:

~ Put Ms. Belinda on a crash diet. (she's my body double, in case you don't know) I weighed 142 pounds when I made her, and I've managed to maintain my weight at 125-130 for 18 months now. She can go on her diet now. :)
~ Sew some nice clothes for my boys, at least 1 dress shirt/pants for each one. It's hard finding nice church clothes that aren't made like crap!
~ Sew at least 1 garment per month for myself, and keep it.
~ Do at least 1 charity project.
~ Get the window treatments done for the downstairs (living room, dining room, kitchen).
~ Stay on top of gift sewing.
~ Keep my sewing room somewhat clean, i.e. stop letting everyone use it as a dumping ground (including myself). This might involve some re-organization.

In other areas of my life, I'd like to:

~ Put myself first once in a while.
~ Repaint the dining room.
~ Be more consistent in household management.
~ Start doing Pilates again, to help my back.

I can do it, I know I can! This year I will try and check in with myself each quarter, to keep on track. :)

1 comment:

beki said...

You can do it, Linda!