Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby Shower

Yesterday my friends Jennifer and Sara hosted a baby shower with me for our co-Leader Yael. I was in charge of the present, and made this pink batik baby sling. I added a zippered pocket and used wool batting in the rails, as that is what I had lying around. We planned the shower as a ladies 'tea', and had lots of treats: cookies, cupcakes, finger sandwiches, dips, cheese/crackers, and fresh fruit. Jennifer's oldest son and my oldest son came as our assistants, and helped take guests' coats, cleared dirty dishes, monitored the food levels, and were vigilant on candle patrol. :)

I was also in charge of the little party favors. I found a few different votive cups at Joann fabrics, at 40% off no less! I filled them partway with jelly beans, and then dropped a tea light in. They were finished off with a 12" x 12" square of tulle, tied off with 2 sheer ribbons. I had a lot of fun making these.

Now I need to get an I-spy quilt made for the Easter Raffle at church.

3 comments:

bfmomma said...

Yael's pregnant? OMG! I had no idea! When is she due? Am I to assume a baby girl?

Very cute stuff...

Anonymous said...

cute idea for shower gifts - I am hosting a bridal shower in a few weeks for my SIL and I'm keeping these in mind for gifts!

Kelly said...

HI Linda! I can't believe how easy it was for you with the boys. I think it too early for Sofie, but she seems so interested, but that might be where it ends. She still wakes up with wet diapers from her naps. She is just a month shy of turning two....so we'll see!!