Remember the embroidery I made for my friend Beth for Christmas? She decided that she wanted it made into a little pillow that she can hang on a doorknob. This way, she can move it around the house. We went over to Joann Fabrics in January, and she picked this black cotton for the pillow part (it's a great print for the embroidery, but boy, is it crap. I can't imagine someone making an actual quilt or garment from it). Yesterday I made it up. I think it looks pretty cute, though I've got the hanger part much too long. She also said she didn't want it stuffed very full, so it stayed a bit flat (I used some scrap wool batting I had laying around). I haven't decided if it should have a little bit more though.
I'll be seeing her this afternoon, and get her thoughts on the changes I want to make. At a minimum I'll be shortening the cording. BTW, this chart can be found in the book Subversive Cross Stitch. I have another embroidery in the works, inspired by the Project RunGay boys; hopefully I can share a picture soon.