Monday, July 30, 2007

Brown/Aqua Skirt


















I finished the second skirt in my Spring Line (yeah, I know it's July) this weekend. I used New Look 6596 again, this time adding a ruffle on the bottom. The fabrics are leftover from this bag, and I had only 8.5 usable inches left of the stripe! I cut 3 2.5" strips, stitched them together and hemmed one edge. Then I put 2 rows of gathering stitches on the other edge (I use a medium length stitch, about 3.0). I divided the strip and my skirt into eighths and pulled the gathers to fit. The skirt is lined in aqua.

5 comments:

the nifty needler said...

very cute, linda! love those trendy aqua/brown colors--nice look for you. nice smile

beki said...

Linda, that looks fabulous, you hot mama!

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I love that fabric.

Cheryl said...

I really like that. Good work Linda! You look great!!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That skirt is soooo cute on you! And at least you are still working on that collection!