Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ready for Winter

We are ready for winter! Yesterday I got a new winter coat for Connor, and today I went over to Target and picked up some boots for Caleb. Last year I moved the boys coats and mine into this back closet (it's right next to the garage door), and gave David the front closet (the man has WAY TOO MANY coats! It's at least twice as wide as this one, and is filled with his coats and leathers). I still had our mittens/hats/scarves in there, in a big container on the floor, but it was always a mess. Last week I came up with the idea of using a sweater organizer thing for our winter accessories (I found it at Target for $10). We each get a 'cubby', and hopefully this will keep things in order.

All that is needed now is a few more mittens and gloves. I'm thinking I might make a bunch of Easy Mittens from Timberlane Press, out of some black WindBloc I have. This way, when one of the mittens gets lost (as always happens, right?) I can easily make a new mate. I'll also pick up a few of those 'one size fits all' stretchy gloves. Those are perfect for just running errands, and I always buy black, so again, when one gets lost, I can still make pairs.

How sad is it that I took a photo of my closet, and that it makes me happy to see it organized? :/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks so great! You must be so proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Must be something with men & coats. Mine complained that I had way too many coats and after we counted he had twice as many as me!Shamed him into getting rid of some anyway!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I totally understand about how happy you are in having a neat, organized closet! I have to tell you that I am impressed that you have all of your winter coat issues resolved. I don't think I was this organized when my girls were small!

bfmomma said...

OMG, I love the closet organizer thing! I wonder if I have enough room to squeeze one into my closet....

Right now I have small rubbermaid bins with each kid's name on them by the back door (our closet is by the front door--inconvenient!)