Friday, October 13, 2006

Simplicity 4076, View D

Not the greatest photo, but when your photographer is 7, you take what you can get.

I made this top, sans hems, on Wednesday night. It's Simplicity 4076 (view D), and has been cut out for a while, and after dropping Calvin off at gymnastics, I came home and sewed for the 45 minutes I had before needing to go pick him up. Yes, this top is that fast to make. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, and will definitely be making some more. I used a size 10 in the shoulders, swinging out to a 16 in the hips. I did a FBA, and then rotated that dart into the center front, where the gathers are. I did a cursory glance at the directions (I've sewn oodles of tees, I don't need no stinkin' directions!), and eliminated the edgestitching on the neckine -- that just ain't gonna work with those gathers.

It's too cold to wear this now (we had flurries yesterday, and I think the high today is supposed to be 47). I'll make some with long sleeves -- though I'm not sure about the belled sleeves in the pattern. Maybe. I also definitely want to do the twist top, and any top with the flutter sleeves would be darling for spring/summer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I was just looking at this in my stash... then looked outside at the flurries and put it back! :)

bfmomma said...

Oh, that is SO cute!

Beth H said...

Cute! I have this pattern and was wondering if the neck was too low. Yours looks perfect!

beki said...

How cute! I think I need that pattern. I can see that top with cute spring dresses.

Gigi said...

So cute, Linda! I've had this pattern in my to-do basket since it came out. :-(