Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend of Work

I had a busy weekend filled with working! Peter and Julie came up so that I could pin and alter a bridesmaid dress. They had also hoped to watch Caleb's soccer game, but that got canceled about an hour beforehand, due to a flooded field. David started cleaning up the yard, raking up dead leaves, picking up branches, general cleaning up. He put all the yard waste into neat piles, and I started filling lawn bags. TWELVE packed bags later, we have this. I've made it about 1/3 of the way around the yard. Yesterday, after I filled the twelfth bag, I decided to take a break from that, and replenish the firewood. I split and stacked a lot! Caleb and Calvin helped me a little bit, but mostly it was me. I was worried I might be quite sore today (with wielding an ax and sledgehammer, not to mention all the hauling), but I'm not! I guess that means I must be in pretty good condition. :) Caleb had another soccer game in the afternoon, and we ended our weekend as usual, watching Nature at 8, then bed.

We still have a few daffodils blooming. I like these ones with the orange centers.