Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rainy Weekend

It's been threatening to rain for a while, and it looks to be turning out to be a rainy weekend. No downpours or anything like that (yet), just wet and chilly. A PSD: Perfect Sewing Day. Last night I made a pair of Timberlane Press First Choice Boxers for Calvin, and they fit well. I'm going to try the next size up, since I want them to last a while. Pictures will come later. He slept in them last night, unhemmed! I made him put a pair of RTW ones on this morning, so I could hem them. He likes mine better, because there are no tags, and they fit (the RTW ones are almost too big, but I haven't been able to find them any smaller).

In other news, Calvin and I planted some carrots on Thursday, and I weeded around the peonies and laid down mulch. That means there is one small section of the garden that looks nice! We bought a new van this morning, and I need to get up the nerve to drive it. It seems so big. I need to take it over to a parking lot and just practice.

2 comments:

emily said...

What kind of van did you get??

bfmomma said...

Ooh.. cool boxers! How difficult is the pattern? (you know how limited my sewing ability is....) I have enough scrap fabric, I bet, to make some. How much fabric does it call for?