Thursday, April 24, 2008

7 Things

Sorry, I have no progress to report on the court jester costumes. My husband had an unexpected minor surgery and hospital stay last Thursday and Friday, and so I've been quite busy (all is well and he is home recovering). I did get a lot of knitting done, though!

Anyway, a few weeks ago my friend Cheryl tagged me for a 7 quirks meme. I'm not sure I can come up with 7, but I'll try.

7 non-important things/quirks about me:

1. Like Cheryl, I do not like eat off plastic plates/cups. Or paper. I don't even like paper napkins! I really don't like anything that's disposable (yeah, that means diapers and pads too). My kids get cloth napkins in their lunches, though I do give them plastic utensils (I think a trip to Goodwill is in the future to get cheap metal silverware).

2. I do not like to go to bed with my closet door open, but I also don't like the bedroom door closed. I also have a hard time falling asleep if the room is pitch dark.

3. I HATE people touching or even going near my ears. This includes my husband.

4. I don't like to drink out of bottles or cans. I will, but I'd rather pour stuff into a glass, and usually do at home.

5. I seem to be allergic to sunscreen. I broke out in a really bad rash while in AZ, and we've narrowed it down to the sunscreen or the sun itself. If anyone has any suggestions for a brand, let me know. I've tried Kiss My Face, Alba Botanica, Neutrogena, and some sport one. Sometimes I'll be able to use one a few times, or even a whole summer, and then the next year I'll break out.

6. I don't like to drive, and I'll gladly let someone else do it.

7. Most people who know me know this; I love comic books. I was thrilled when our library system created a graphic novel section! Currently I'm waiting for the final trade paperbacks of Fables and The Last Man.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Linda. I hope David's ok. I'll give you a call sometime next week.
About the sunscreen, I'm very sensitive to most but I've been using Clinique's " Super City Block"...it's been ok so far.