Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spring Break, Part III

One of the fun things we did on our vacation was go for a hike in the desert. We went to Ursery Mountain Park, and did one of the easy trails (Connor is pretty slow).

It was so pretty, and a lot of the wildflowers were in bloom. We hiked to the backside of a hill, took a play break on a playground there, and then hiked over the hill to get back to the car.

At the top of the hill, we saw a gila monster! How cool is that?

It was a nice time, and the boys enjoyed the desert.

Another day, we visited Rawhide. Connor (a big Thomas fan) got to ride on a train (twice!), and loved it.

There were gunfights!

Both Caleb and Calvin got to try out the mechanical bull. They also panned for gold and tried some climbing.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Linda,

It looks and sounds like you had a lovely time. I admit I lived in Phoenix until I was in 6th grade and it's not the first place I would want to go for my spring break, but it did look warm! Glad you all had a fun time visiting family and getting away from the snow. I would have liked to visited you during that snow. It looked like so much fun! We hardly got any at all this year!