Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Slumber Party

We've been having another heat wave (it's supposed to break tomorrow, I think). Anyway, it's HOT in the house; and we decided to sleep in the basement last night. David brought down three matresses, and we had a slumber party! We talked a lot before bed, watched some TV (Wife Swap and SuperNanny -- two shows which I've seen only once or twice before, and are pretty fascinating in a car crash kind of way), and slept great!

I think we'll sleep down here tonight too. Since we've been hanging out down here, the dog comes down too (she usually likes to be wherever I am), and stays cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how hot it is. Good thing you have a nice basement to sleep in!

beki said...

I can't imagine living without air conditioning. It is a necessity down here!

It looks like y'all made the best out of the situation, what fun!

bfmomma said...

do you not have central air?

I remember us doing that (moving the mattress) when we lived in our 1 BR apartment right after C. was born, and then in the Townhouses (again, only one window unit) and finally in the Meno. Falls apartment, too. I love, love, love central air. {sigh}

suzee said...

Hey, we do family slumber parties in the winter, when it's too cold (we sleep by the fireplace, with the dog, extra down blankets, shared mattresses)! Funny. But they're always a blast.

Hope the heat ends for you soon. Our heat wave is over, and I'm soooooooooooooo glad!