Saturday, January 14, 2006

Organizealong progress

Over on NMSL, we have an annual "Organizealong/UFOs" in January. The goal is to kick off the new year with a fresh start by cleaning our areas, getting rid of stuff we really don't need, and clearing out UFOs. Last night my oldest had two friends come for a sleepover (between my kids and these kids and dh, SIX men in the house! ). I was able to work on my sewing room, which unfortunately has the distinction of also being the catch-all room. I was able to get a lot done, though. I moved our school books in there, on one side of my desk, I cleared off the rest of my desk and put my 24x36 cutting mat on it (that is going to be so nice for cutting quilts!), cleared out the bay window and window seat, and got the rug vacuumed. I sorted out some stuff for swapping/selling/donating, and found some UFOs to finish. Today I hope to finish up by cleaning off my ironing board, and maybe start some sewing. There is still a corner in there that is chaotic, but hey, it's a lot better than it was.

No comments: