Today I worked on the baby quilt. I pieced all the blocks, and ended up with 27 duo blocks (two fabrics) and 27 trio blocks (three fabrics). I tried to make each block different, which got to be kinda hard after a while. I think some of the blocks look nice, and some just so-so.
After I got the blocks pressed, I laid them out on my dining room table, to figure out where I wanted each block. David took a look at my layout too, because I wanted to be sure I had the light lights and dark darks dispersed evenly. He tweaked the layout a bit, and we came up with this. Now I need to stitch the blocks into rows, then the rows together.
Overall, I think the quilt is turning out ok, but it's more yellow looking that what I had pictured in my head. (as always, click on any picture to see the full version)