Saturday, January 28, 2006
Quilt top finished
Today I finished the top for baby quilt #1. There are supposed to be appliqued stars, and I have the FQ I was going to use for those, even made the star templates, but after getting the borders on, I decided the quilt is busy enough. David agreed, and so the top is finished! I have the backing, a star print in a teal color. I'm not wild about it, but it was the best I could find yesterday, and it really doesn't look that bad. I'm planning to quilt this myself (usually I bring my quilts in to the shop to be quilted on the long-arm machine), so now I need to baste/pin my backing, batting and top together. I think the basement floor is going to be the best place to attempt this.